Thursday, December 22, 2011

St. John Fisher College


About a month ago I was accepted into St. John Fisher College. I applied here because of their excellent nursing program. I have my application and references in. I asked my nurse practitioner, Sue Bates, at the diabetes clinic at Strong to be my reference as well as my microbiology professor Dr. Judy Kaufman, they both said they would be "delighted"!! The nursing program is excellent, it's the Wegmans School of Nursing! I really hope I get in, so fingers crossed everyone!

Here is some info about the school for my siblings who aren't from NY.
Motto "Teach me goodness, discipline, and knowledge"
Established 1948
Type Private
Mascot Cardinal
Undergraduates 2,800
Postgraduates 1,100
Location Rochester, New York
Campus Suburban, 154 acres
Athletics 19 varsity teams
Colors Gold and Cardinal
Nickname Cardinal
Website www.sjfc.edu 
St. John Fisher College was founded as a men's college in 1948 by the Basilian Fathers and with the aid of Father James E. Kearney, then the Bishop of Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. In 1968, the College became independent from the Catholic Church, and coeducational in 1971. Recently, the university has experienced a large increase in on-campus housing, student enrollment, new facilities, and the establishment of both the Wegmans School of Nursing, and The Wegmans School of Pharmacy.

The Wegmans School of Nursing offers professional programs of study that prepare baccalaureate and master's degree graduates to positively influence health outcomes for culturally diverse individuals, families, and communities in a rapidly changing, highly complex health care environment.
Fisher’s nursing program is fully accredited by the New York State Education Department and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The Wegmans School of Nursing is also named after Robert Wegman, who contributed $8 million to the College to create the School of Nursing.



3 comments:

  1. Em! I'm so excited for you! This will be an awesome experience, you're so amazing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Emmie!! I know you'll get in and you'll do fantastic!

    ReplyDelete