Sunday, June 30, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Life has been crazy lately!! I figured it was time to sit down and update this blog with the happenings of my life, lol.

First things first. I finished my first semester of nursing school in May. I loved every minute of it, it was a lot of hard work and not a lot of sleep but it was worth it! School starts back up in September, and I am excited but also trying to enjoy the summer while it is here.

This summer has been busy. I started working the day after school ended and I have been working like crazy since. I work taking care of elderly people at a retirement home. My sleep schedule had taken a beating because I vary between working overnights a few days a week and working mornings. My body cant decide when I should be sleeping or awake, haha. I am tired but so grateful for this job and the wonderful experience it has been, both financially and for the nursing experience I am getting! I also have been blessed to continue to watch the Farar's kids usually at least one day a week, I love those kids and they are such a great family!

I am excited for a few things coming up. First in about 2 weeks we are heading down to DC for the weekend!! It will be great to take a break and to got see Jake, Becky and the girls!! Second Clark comes home for leave in August, its been about 6 months since he was home last and I am very excited to see him!! Its been a long time, lots of phone calls, texting and skyping but we're making it work!

This summer has been mostly working but we had a few fun activities that I have been a part of at the branch. GIG, Gathering in the Grove, was at the end of May. It's a regional YSA conference that I am on the committee for! It was loads of fun, and a great spiritual experience!!

Not much else is going on, that I can remember at the moment that is! I hope you are all having a great summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment