Sunday, February 27, 2011

Update

I haven't updated for a while so I thought I would let you know what is going on in my life. I have had the last week off from school!! It is winter break, which was common all around the country in the 70's to save on fuel and here they just didnt stop doing that!! GO NY!!
I spent Monday through Wednesday doing homework, a research paper and some exams. My week really started on Wednesday b/c doing school work doesn't count...
On Thursday Holly came over and we baked some stuff, and watched HARRY POTTER!!! I love Harry Potter!! Lots of FUN!
On Friday It was snowing ton outside, it was awesome, lots of beautiful white snow falling from the sky all day long it was wonderful!

The most exciting part of my week though was family history. I have been taking a family history class at the branch and so I started looking through the new family search page and I saw a lot of people whose names were just sitting there ready to do. So I made sure I had all the rules right, so I wasn't doing anything wrong, and I started reserving the names, so I could print them out and do the ordinances I am able to do and assign the other names to mom and dad. So far I have found 98 names, SOO EXCITING! It was such an amazing experience, I kept on getting lost in the names so I would select a random family and there would be more names to do, it was such an awesome experience. There is a lot of work to do, it's going to be, and already has been, such an amazing spiritual experience.
A little side note... if any of my siblings, or siblings-in-law, would be willing or eager to do some names let me know and I will mail you the names, there's plenty to go around and more on the way!!
It's been a great week, and I am not looking forward to school tomorrow, but oh well once I'm back in the groove I'm sure I will be happy to be there...maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Emily! You are a hard worker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, is any of it our family? I'd love to know what you've done if it's our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all our family! Most of the names are dads side, i traced his line back to 600 AD, and I found a few names on moms side who's work hadn't been done. if you go look around on your new.familysearch.org site i'm sure you could find some I missed. I could send you some names to do if you wanted and the family line connecting them to us. I haven't been finding the names myself yet I'm just cleaning house! Love ya!!
    p.s. I actually found Pocahontas!!!! IT WAS TRUE! we are related to her! on moms side, through the eldredges.

    ReplyDelete