Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paper Bouquets and Button Flowers

The Relief Society activity in March was last night. For the activity we had a dinner and speaker. I was in charge so I made soup and had people sign up to bring bread and salads. We had an excellent speaker, overall I think the activity was a success!

For the activity I made some centerpieces, rolled paper flowers, and button flowers. I thought they turned out very well. It was also an example of what we will be doing in April, craft night, we will be making these and some other crafts!

Here are the rolled paper flowers:



Here's how you make them:

1. Cut a circle out of thick paper, scrap-booking type paper.
 2. Cut that in a wavy circle all the way to the middle.
 3. Start rolling the paper.
 4. Roll all the way to the center.
 5. Release the flower, watch it grow!! Cha, cha, cha chia!!
 6. Glue the flower to the small center circle.
 7. The flower is made!
 8. Make a leaf: Cut out a leaf shape in green paper, glue is accordion style at the bottom!

9. Glue green floral wire to the bottom of the flower. Then glue the leaf over that to cover the wire and glue. Voila, a paper flower!
 
Button Flowers: These are super easy to make, and they are cute and unique. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures of the process but I have the end pictures!

Basically you just pile up some buttons of different sizes, loop them together with floral wire and put them in a pot. I put a Styrofoam ball at the bottom of the pot and some moss over it, I thought it was cute!

The dinner went very well, and was a lot of fun! The evening was made even better because Renae, Holly, Gretchen and I all decided to go see Hunger Games!! The movie was great, totally worth the lack of sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment